Top Beaches in India
India is a name that stands for integration of culture, food, art and beauty. Divided into four regions – North, south, east and west, it is a true blend of ethnic and modern culture and values. Pristine natural beauty and mind blowing sightseeing spots have made India a worth visiting place for tourists. Although every region has its own beauty and charm but visiting south can make your trip extraordinary as this region is blessed with many breathtaking beaches. Amongst many beautiful beaches here are some of the topmost and must visit beaches:
- Baga Beach– Baga beach is one of the top beaches in Goa and in India. It is a treat for adventure sports lovers. You can try different types of water sports, including para sailing, banana boat, swimming and Tube boat rides. You can have a relaxing time and try the message given at this beach. A multi cuisine restaurant makes a visit to this beach even more exciting.
- Calangute Beach- Calangute beach in Goa is also a prominent beach in India. Unlike Baga beach, this beach is famous for its quiet sight seeing and relaxed evenings. The sound waves and sand on the beach make your evening time even more soothing and peaceful.
- Radhanagar Beach- Radhanagar beach is situated in Havelock. It is famous for its lush green scenes and beauty. It is not very crowded and happening, like most of the beaches in Goa. It is famous for its calm and peace and is also known as sunset beach.
- Varkala Beach-This beach is located in south Kerala and it is famous for Hindu pilgrimage. Famous as resting place of Sree Narayanguru, this beach is really majestic and holds religious significance. Surrounded with some great resorts and hotels, this beautiful beach is a feast for travelers.
- Agonda Beach- Agonda beach is one of the most silent beaches in India. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, then this beach fulfills all your needs in terms of peace and beauty. It is a very pristine beach and offers you undisturbed and refreshing time which is truly memorable.
- Lighthouse beach- This beach is located in Kerela. Surrounded by long palm trees and full of white sand, this beach has a beauty of its own. The beach stretches to the Malabar Coast. Unlike other beaches which are famous for either beauty or water sports, this beach offers you everything starting from its marvelous beauty to famous water and adventure sports.
- Candolim Beach- Candolim beach is located in north Goa. This beach is very calm and beautiful. The road to Candolim beach is very famous as it is filled with lots of shops and restaurants. There are scrub covered dunes at the back of the beach, which add to the beauty of this beach.
- Mandrem Beach- Mandrem beach is situated in Goa. This again is a very quiet beach. This is full of white sand and there are a couple of good eateries on this beach.
- Cavelossim Beach- This beach is located in south Goa. It is not just famous for sun rise and sun set, but you can also have the most exciting and pleasurable view of dolphins here. You can visit this beach during November to March which is said to be the best time to visit.