A GLANCE OF TOP CITIES IN INDIA
India is a wonderful country to explore and discover many new things. It is a vast country and offers extensive destinations for the purpose of tourism. Indians are known for their hospitality which is becoming world renowned. Some of the most famous cities of India are:
- Srinagar is nestled in Kashmir and is known as the heaven on earth. Srinagar allures you with its attention-grabbing beauty and opulence. Srinagar is renowned worldwide for its gorgeous, captivating and beautiful hill slopes, superlative gardens and charming vicinity which certainly prove to be a feast for the eyes.
- Delhi -Another vital city is the national capital Delhi which is actually the most significant city in India. Delhi is classified into two parts – Old Delhi, showcasing the impressions of the Mughal period which is integrated with ancient structures and monuments and New Delhi which showcases the latest and modern side of this busy and happening cosmopolitan city. Some famous places one can visit are Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Lotus Temple, Raj Ghat, India Gate, Red Fort, Connaught Place and many more.
- Agra city is famous for its world renowned Taj Mahal. It is an Indian work of genius which is a beautiful structure and is counted amongst the Seven Wonders of the World. Fatehpur Sikri in Agra with Buland Darwaza proves to be a real combination of Indian and Islamic forms of architecture.
- Lucknow is known as the city of Nawabs, as it reflects the Mughal era in many forms, such as architecture, food, attire, language etc. Places one can visit are the Bara Imambara, Lucknow Residency, Jama Masjid and Clock Tower.
- Amritsar The city of Amritsar in Punjab is renowned for Golden Temple, which is a beautiful and a holy Sikh shrine and attracts many local and foreign tourists. Other places worth visiting are Jallianwala Bagh, Durgiana Mandir and Ram Bagh.
- Chandigarh is the capital city of Punjab and Haryana. It is a very planned and clean city which embraces the traditions and reflects the modern India. Places one can visit here are delightful Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden and Rose Garden.
- Haridwar is the sacred city of Uttarakhand, integrated with religious sanctity as it is nestled on the banks of river Ganga. There are many beautiful temples spread all over the city.
- Munnar Down South, Munnar is a beautiful city of Kerala which is famous for its immaculate valleys and beautiful tea plantations. It is the most beautiful hill resort that attracts many tourists.
- Hyderabad, the capital city of Andhra Pradesh, is another beautiful and modern city which is adorned with must visit places,, like Charminar, Lumbini Park, Birla Mandir, Mahankali temple, Hussain Sagar lake etc.
- Bangalore is another vibrant city which is the capital of Karnataka. The city is known as the IT hub and has pleasant weather throughout the year. This ultra modern city has many famous tourist places, like Cubbon Park, Lal Bagh Park, Tipu Sultan Palace and Ulsoor Lake.
- Mumbai is another happening city of India which is the capital of Maharashtra. This is the dream city for many people and is also known as the city which never sleeps. This vivacious city offers many places of tourist interest, like Marine drive, Gateway of India and Juhu beach.