TOP THINGS TO SEE IN INDIA
India’s charm is endless. From mountains to beaches, rustic tribal culture to modern cosmopolitan cities, high-end technology parks to centuries old monuments, scant deserts and overwhelming greenery, India has it all. Some of the most interesting things to see in India are –
- Taj Mahal, Agra – One of the Seven Wonders of the World, the marble palace of Taj Mahal has evoked bountiful admiration from tourists, travelers and lovers alike. Known famously as the ultimate requiem of love, its overwhelmingly exquisite beauty has led to the city to be christened as the City of the Taj.
- Mahabalipuram – Also known as the Temple city of India, Mahabalipuram is the land of the Great epic of Mahabhrata, and abode to the fascinating temples, namely the Shore Temple, Arjuna’s penance, Tiger’s Cave and the Rath Temples. The Rath temples are a cluster of five temples, four of which are said to have been carved out of a single granite boulder. Detailed replicas of ancient wooden structures, these temples represent the chariots of the five Pandava princes.
- Khajuraho Temples –This group of thirty temples has been in existence since 950 A.D. and represents a rare artistic ingenuity. With the deities of the temple depicted in a warm, sensual and emotionally bound state, these temples stand testimony to the appreciation of human relationships that were openly celebrated thousands of years ago.
- The Great Himalayas – The Himalayas are the crown of India, located in the North and spanning almost the entire length of Northern India. With their frozen lakes at Tawang, Sikkim and the Dal Lake in Srinagar and the famous high-altitude passes at various intervals, the Himalayas can be experienced in all their glory in India.
- Kashmir – Adjectives, like the jewel crown of India, Emerald valley and Paradise on Earth aptly describe the beauty of this state with the majestic Himalayas, crystal skies and beautiful waters dotted with the traditional shikharas. Many poets have tried to capture the beauty of Kashmir in their poetry as the ages go by.
- The Great Indian Desert – A night spent in the dunes of a seemingly endless stretch of desert under a starlit sky is a memory that stays in the hearts of all those, who visit the Thar Desert in India.
- Islands of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshwadweep– These Islands are a part of the mainland India, located in the Indian Ocean. Relatively untouched by modern lifestyles, these Islands are famous for their pristine beaches, dense forests and a rare rustic charm.
- The Backwaters of Kerala – Lying parallel to the Arabian Sea, these brackish lagoons are exquisitely beautiful. Blessed with nature’s bounty, these backwaters offer a vacation that feels out of this world.
- East India – With states that still sustain a tribal lifestyle, East India offers a glimpse of the Himalayas, various wildlife National Parks, untouched pristine mountain scenery and a very palatable cuisine that is famous all over the world.
- Beaches Of Goa– Your trip to india will be in complete without visiting Beaches of goa.