Top Hill Stations of India
India offers many beautiful hill stations which attract many tourists from within the country and worldwide. Many tourists visit the hill resorts to enjoy vacations and get rid of the hot summer weather. Across India, there are varied hill stations which offer picturesque views and huge range of flora and fauna. The most famous are listed below:
- Nainital, which is located in the north India, is an amazing tourist destination for travelers, families and newly married couples. The place is famous for its renowned Naini Lake. Nainital is primarily visited in the months of April to November.
- Mussoorie which is known as the queen of hills and nestled in Uttrakhand, is surrounded by Dun valley and Himalayan ranges. It offers an extensive range of flora and fauna. The most preferred seasons to visit are from March to July. The Mall road is a long road which is generally crowded with tourists throughout the season.
- Dhanaulti is another beautiful hill station situated on Chamba road. Dhanaulti is coming up as a famous tourist spot for many tourists. This place is generally not crowded and offers peace of mind to the tourists.
- Ranikhet is another exotic hill station which is nestled in Almora region of Uttrakhand. The place offers beautiful views and its clean vicinity allures many.
- Munnar in down south is located in the Idukki district of Kerala and is situated at an altitude of about 6000 feet, Munnar is simply amazing and a beautiful hill resort which attracts many tourists. It is a beautiful place integrated with immaculate valleys, eternal stretches of tea plantations and rare species of flora and fauna.
- Wayanad is another spectacular and beautiful hill resort in Kerala. Dense forests and mountain peaks intermingle for making many trekking routes, offering diverse adventurous sports to the tourists. The place is beautiful and calm and many tourists across the country visit this amazing hill resort to rejuvenate themselves.
- Coorg is a marvelous hill resort nestled in the state of Karnataka and is located among the Western Ghats as a gleaming precious stone, which is still to be explored. This is an amazing hilly ecstasy, which is geographically and culturally diverse in its own way. The hill station is located at an altitude of 3500 feet, Coorg is filled with beautiful valleys, thick forests and beautiful vicinity integrated with coffee plantation.
- Gangtok, the capital city of Sikkim, is the main hilly destination of east India. Gangtok has emerged as a cosmopolitan place where the old culture meets with modernity. The place is beautiful and offers wonderful picturesque beauty to explore.
- Mirik, the youthful hill resort of India, is formed around a 1.25 km long natural lake. This mystic hill resort is nestled close to Siliguri in West Bengal. The serene and relaxing hill resort of Mirik swanks of many wonderful natural destinations.
- Kullu Manali is another famous and exotic hill resort of North India, which is very famous among tourists. The beautiful Kullu valley is wide spread over River Beas. The tourists can also enjoy adventure sports, like trekking, Paragliding, along with the wonderful and beautiful views of Kullu and Manali.
The beautiful hill stations of India offer ample opportunities to tourists to explore and enjoy the beauty of pristine nature.